January 18, 2010

My Brother

This week has been a very difficult week for my family, and so many friends from around the country.  A week ago - January 10, my brother Steve (he is my brother in CO) passed away VERY suddenly.  This unexpected tragedy came as such a shock...  He was 47.

My heart is so sad - for me, my brother Bill, my mom and dad, Steve's friends, but especially for Donna and the kids.

Thanks to everyone who has called, left messages, sent flowers, plants, notes and emails.  Forgive me for not getting back to you.  I cherish every sweet thought and prayer you have shared with me.
We had a terrific celebration service for Steve's life on Thursady.  Favorite music of his, LOTS of pictures on a slide show, a great message from a great friend of Steve's.  I was even able to share a little, and read a favorite Bible verse.  Zephaniah 3:17.  Steve and I shared this with each other, among other verses as well.  It's so great that we shared such eternal promises with each other.
The day of his service - was the first day I woke with any kind of joy at all.  What's neat, is that Donna woke with the same joy.  The salvation of Steve.  So much to be thankful for!!!  (He definitely got the better end of this deal.)


Jim has been SO AMAZING.  He lost a dear friend, and brother-in-law, but has worked tirelessly in helping.  From notifying Steve's friends, making all the arrangements to plan Steve's celebration, going through paperwork, calling insurance etc.  He, along with Tony (friend) have made this unbelievable hurt, less of a burden.  He's also held me, and cried with me.

It has been a wonderful privilege to spend such quality time with Steve and his family these last couple years.  My niece Ellie was encouraged today with the passage in John, when Jesus talked about a grain a wheat and how it only multiplies when it dies 
(I paraphrase).
The only thing that makes sense is that Steve's death will bring more fruit for the kingdom of Christ, than his life. It's hard for me to accept, but Salida is buzzing about Steve, the celebration service, and the values that made Steve  - Steve.  His desire was to be more like Christ.  He was a very amazing man.


I appreciate your prayers for my family here in CO, and my family in MN.  It's hard to have everyone go home.  What does normal look like now?
Death stinks.  Thank you Lord for the promise that I will see my Savior's face someday.  Then - I will see Steve!  

No comments:

Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

January 14, 2008 - moving

January 14, 2008 - moving
On the road to our new home

Gilmore House

Gilmore House
Jim's office is on the far right

CO house

CO house
Mountain range with our home (to be) in foreground

A great view

A great view
A great view from the kitchen!

New Office

New Office
My new office...I love it!

Snow Sculpture

Snow Sculpture
Snow Sculpture - Bronco

Nancy & Bekah

Nancy & Bekah
Bekah's "red" arm

Zeb

Zeb
Zeb