December 28, 2009

Happy New Year

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
I have been negligent in updating this site. Sorry. I will try to do better in 2010 - even if it's just a quick note.

Thanks to all who sent Christmas cards this year - we love pouring (and praying) over them! A friend sent a note reminding us that this was the time of year for "remembering". We decided to do just that!
With the time off, the girls and I dragged out old photos (some were REALLY old....) and had so much fun looking through and talking about them. Baby pictures, pre-kid pictures, "Is that really you Mom?" "Look at Dad's hair!" Baby and toddler pictures of my girls tugged at my heart strings. Such wonderful memories! One day, the girls even tried on my wedding dress, along with my high school prom dress.
I am grateful that the dresses were too big, but I realize that it won't be long.....

I have also taken the time to reminisce over the past two years here in Salida. January 13 marks two years since we left our Woodbury home (with my overnight bag sitting on the stairs) and made our way to Colorado. I remember leaving in the darkness, my sweet neighbor trudging through the early snowy morning to say one last goodbye, the excitement in Jim's eyes, following my family as they headed out pulling the camper, the quietness of my car as I was alone with my thoughts and emotions.
Arriving at the Gilmore's home, I felt utterly exhausted - physically and emotionally. I was so grateful for their welcoming arms (and home). Jim was so excited to get right to work! He jumped into serving HRCC immediately and wondered how I wanted to serve. I remember wanting to bite his head off.....
The church family at HRCC were so thoughtful, and encouraging us.
The second year has continued to improve for me. Jim continues to LOVE serving in the role he has.
He works hard, encourages, challenges, feels, and discerns, and loves much!
Though we all still miss our family and friends in MN, I have found some different niches within the community and church to plug into. Once again, volleyball has opened some doors for me to meet new ladies, and "expand" my "who I know" list. Sundays, I enjoy helping set up for Sunday school, nursery and whatever else I can help Jim with. The kids we have in Sunday school right now are fun to be with, and they make it fun to teach. They are very well versed in the Bible, and it's great to be able to go deeper into the scriptures with them.
As we approach our third year here in Salida, we look forward to what the Lord is going to do. Jim and I will continue to seek His face on SO many things. A closer walk with Him, provision, school, courage, obedience, discernment, the direction of HRCC, relationships with others and protection over our relationships with each other.
May this New Year challenge you to step where Christ is stepping, and to hear His voice in a fresh way.
Happy celebrating as you welcome in 2010.

No comments:

Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

January 14, 2008 - moving

January 14, 2008 - moving
On the road to our new home

Gilmore House

Gilmore House
Jim's office is on the far right

CO house

CO house
Mountain range with our home (to be) in foreground

A great view

A great view
A great view from the kitchen!

New Office

New Office
My new office...I love it!

Snow Sculpture

Snow Sculpture
Snow Sculpture - Bronco

Nancy & Bekah

Nancy & Bekah
Bekah's "red" arm

Zeb

Zeb
Zeb