December 5, 2010

And the Beat Goes On....

I'm sitting in my living room this evening, the soft Christmas lights and fire in the stove, creating a wonderful warmth.  The kitchen has been cleaned up from an afternoon of good use.  Christmas cookies being rolled out, baked and decorated.  Smells so good! 
I am trying to figure out what to write about, and how to even begin.
As all of you that follow this blog know, we are wrapping up our official adventure at Heart of the Rockies Community Church.  Our last day will be this next Sunday. 
Mixed emotions.
It's always hard to leave a group of people that you have grown to love as part of your family.  I am grateful that we are staying in Salida.  It's a small town, and we will have the opportunity to "run into" folks around town.  Nothing has been decided for us as of yet. 
We are trusting that God is still directing our adventure.  Jim and I desire to be obedient in seeking hard after God, and are confident that He will direct us as He desires.  I can say that I really feel that we are in God's will, because perfect peace drives out fear.  We don't have fear.  That is unusual for me to be able to say too.  I can get good and freaked out about stuff - just ask Jim!  I am very grateful for this peace at this time!

We had a quiet Thanksgiving with just the four of us.  Donna and the kids were in Texas, and the rest of our families back in MN.  It was a very nice day for us.  We so needed the down time.  We did enjoy an evening with some friends that stopped by.  Lots of pies, and sweet little girls playing in all the dress up clothes my girls spent so much time in. 
The house is decorated for Christmas.  I sure love the lights, and the old Christmas shows.  (I do grow weary of the same Christmas songs being played over and over.) 
We are looking forward to having all the LaCroix family here in a couple weeks to spend the holidays with us.  The kids can hardly take it!  If the warm weather keeps up - they will be able to sleep in the camper! 

Hoping you are able to prepare your heart and home for Christmas too.  Even with loss and uncertainty, God can fill our hearts with His warmth. 
So appreciate your prayers on our behalf.  Thank you.
Nancy 

No comments:

Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

January 14, 2008 - moving

January 14, 2008 - moving
On the road to our new home

Gilmore House

Gilmore House
Jim's office is on the far right

CO house

CO house
Mountain range with our home (to be) in foreground

A great view

A great view
A great view from the kitchen!

New Office

New Office
My new office...I love it!

Snow Sculpture

Snow Sculpture
Snow Sculpture - Bronco

Nancy & Bekah

Nancy & Bekah
Bekah's "red" arm

Zeb

Zeb
Zeb