March 24, 2010

Enough Already....

Okay - I am really done with all the snow!  I'm sitting at my kitchen table today - looking at about 8" of snow that fell last night.  The mountains are shrouded in clouds, with the promise of more snow.  I'm really done.  We were asked if we wanted to join some friends on a trip to Belize this week.  They left today - and here I sit - looking at snow....

Had a great visit with Bill and his family last week.  As anticipated - it was bittersweet for all of us.  Bill and I spent a lot of time in the bathroom together.   We were helping Donna change out a tub in one of her bathrooms, and Bill was the master mind of the "ordeal".  Let's just say that the walls are not all square!  Bill did a great job plumbing, and doing things right. 
He reminded me of my dad many times.  He is looking more and more like him, and has many of his mannerisims.  I would spend hours just hanging out with my dad - side by side time - as he worked and putzed about the house. I liked to work with Steve too, when he had projects going at home.  He would always let me hang out, help, or just watch.  It was fun spending that time with Bill "working" as well.  (He did the majority of the work though.) 
Bill and I stayed up late a few nights and had some great talks about our lives, what is happening now, and sharing our greif over missing Steve. 
The visit was bittersweet for Donna too.  Bill and Steve are definitely brothers, and I know it was hard for her to see so many resemblences of Steve.  Through all of that however, there were lots of laughs, and good times.  Visits with friends, walks, skiing for Diane and the kids, a day of snowmobiling at White Pine for Bill, Jim and Joe. 
Last weekend, we enjoyed an amazing concert in CO Springs with the different youth groups of Salida.  A bunch of different artists from all types of Christian music joined together and it was really fun!  There wasn't a single band I didn't like - even when I couldn't understand what was being said! (Couldn't tell if I was just old or that was the style of music!)  Felt good to hear the base booming in the very center of your being!  Kids had a blast too!
Sarah and I are just getting over colds that have now moved on to Jim and Bekah.  Looking forward to some time in AZ starting April 18.  Think we all need some down time in the hot SUN!  Until then, school, taxes, chruch stuff, and doing the daily stuff that needs to be done. 

"Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27b

No comments:

Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

January 14, 2008 - moving

January 14, 2008 - moving
On the road to our new home

Gilmore House

Gilmore House
Jim's office is on the far right

CO house

CO house
Mountain range with our home (to be) in foreground

A great view

A great view
A great view from the kitchen!

New Office

New Office
My new office...I love it!

Snow Sculpture

Snow Sculpture
Snow Sculpture - Bronco

Nancy & Bekah

Nancy & Bekah
Bekah's "red" arm

Zeb

Zeb
Zeb