May 18, 2010

Time

It has been a while since I've attempted to blog - so thank you George for encouraging me... :)
Spring has finally come, in many ways.  The sun feels warmer, the grasses are green, the winds haven't howled in a couple days, hummingbirds on the feeder, and dead mice on my patio.  Ahhhhh spring! 
Spring has also brought a relief to my heart.  Still so difficult to accept life without Steve.  Life is not the same without him - but can you imagine Heaven with him?  It's been such a comfort to know that his faith is now his sight.  I  find myself saying, "Hurry back, LORD" on a daily basis.  I want his return to hasten, not just to see Steve, but to see HIM!  That all I hold tight to in faith, would become my reality.

Things are going well here for us.  Jim continues to work along side Pastor Kyle at HRCC.  Along with some odd jobs here and there, he is very busy.  He continues to love the work he's been called to.  He has really enjoyed working with some of the other pastors around town, doing youth groups together.  Tomorrow night there is a "youth rally" at a local church, and all the youth groups involved have a ball!  It's fun to see the kids from different churches having fun together!  Sarah is really enjoying it!  She has two or three seventh grade friends there that have been fun to hang out with.  Being home schooled, she misses out on the "drama" that happens everyday at school, but she catches up with it at youth group and on FaceBook.  Personally speaking - Jr. High is a time of life I would never want to return to. 

Bekah is growing and changing, even more than Sarah I think.  She misses her MN friends, and seems to be emailing them (buzzing) whenever she can.  She is definitely my little social butterfly.  Sports, such as tennis and volleyball ,have caught her interest this spring.  It fun to see her try new things, though she is a lot like her mother - the learning curve is the pits!!!
Jim and I are going to try to golf a little this summer together.  He joined the men's golf league, and is enjoying that a lot.  I'm just hoping not to make a fool of myself when we golf together with friends.  That may be inevitable.
School ends for us tomorrow!  YIPPY!!!  I'm ready to check the box, and be done.  The girls have done a great job in pushing through, even when I haven't been emotionally able.  They deserve a break!

Our MN trip has been scheduled - we will be leaving CO the 21st of June.  Jim will be traveling with us, and he will be able to stay for almost two weeks!  The girls and I may be staying a few days longer, but plan to be back here the first part of July.  Summer in the mountains should not be missed!!!!
Our plan is to see family and friends, and get caught up on what's been happening, and about future plans for us.  Looking forward to that time.
So many cliches' about time...  Time flies when you're having fun. Time marches on.  Time waits for no one.
It surprises me when I look at my girls - how quickly they are growing and changing.  Time surprises me when I look in the mirror.  Is that really me?   How old am I going to be this year?  REALLY??
They say that time heals.  I believe that time just allows us to accept, and in that process there is some healing.  Some scars never go away.
Going through the grieving process is a bummer.  It's one of those things that you can't go around, or just skip - you have to go through it.  Though there is so much I don't understand about life, I fully appreciate that experiencing loss is a part of it.  No one is immune to it.  I'm not saying anything new,  and wish everyday that Steve would drop in for a cup of coffee, or ask me to go hiking with him.  Donna and the kids continue to amaze me. They kids are really looking forward to summer, while Donna is busy trying to get the house ready for putting on the market the first of June.  Reality....

I am so glad that God is not limited by time. Time is a tool that God uses to move his plans forward.  Moving forward doesn't mean forgetting.  On the contrary, we take our experiences and histories with us as we move on and they help form who we become.  Can you imagine what life is like, not tethered by time? 
I am grateful for time as well.  Grateful that God gave me time to receive the gift He offers to each of us.  I am grateful that God can and will use my life for his glory.  Grateful for the experience of being a mom and a wife and a friend.  I am so grateful that someday my faith will be my sight.  I will see and touch His face, His hands, His feet - all in time.
Hope you make the most of your time today!  Blessings!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You have no idea how much God used what you wrote here. I think it's amazing when God can use someone elses thoughts to make a relevant point on an issue of my own. And even though I'm younger than you biologically, I think my wrinkles and eye sight are catching up with you. My money is set aside to come visit. I just want to make it a good time for you guys. Love you! Happy Birthday!

Romans 12:2

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

January 14, 2008 - moving

January 14, 2008 - moving
On the road to our new home

Gilmore House

Gilmore House
Jim's office is on the far right

CO house

CO house
Mountain range with our home (to be) in foreground

A great view

A great view
A great view from the kitchen!

New Office

New Office
My new office...I love it!

Snow Sculpture

Snow Sculpture
Snow Sculpture - Bronco

Nancy & Bekah

Nancy & Bekah
Bekah's "red" arm

Zeb

Zeb
Zeb